Can I split my land?
Depending on which jurisdiction the land is located in, you would first need to contact the local Planning Department for the jurisdiction to find out what regulations would apply to your property (i.e. minimum lot size, road frontage, etc.) If determined that the property can be divided, contacting a surveyor would then be the next step in the process. Your local Planning Department can assist you with what steps would need to follow.

Show All Answers

1. What are tax maps?
2. What are the tax maps used for?
3. How are tax maps made?
4. How can I obtain a tax map?
5. Where can I get a copy of my subdivision map?
6. How often are the maps updated?
7. My neighbor and I disagree about the location of our common property line. Can I use the tax map to prove that I’m right?
8. What GIS data is available?
9. What formats are GIS data available?
10. What is the datum and projection of Iredell County, NC GIS data?
11. How much does the maps and data cost?
12. How do I know if a particular road is maintained by the State of North Carolina?
13. Can I split my land?
14. I have a question not listed here. How do I contact the GIS Mapping office?